Access to technology is essential in today’s world, particularly for students. With the pandemic, most educational institutions have resorted to online learning, and the need for technology has become more pressing than ever.
Unfortunately, not all students have the resources to purchase laptops or other necessary tech devices. However, some online colleges offer free laptops and other tech perks to help their students succeed.
The Importance of Technology in Education
In today’s world, technology has become an essential aspect of education. With the introduction of online learning, technology has played a crucial role in ensuring students receive quality education. Technology has allowed students to access course materials, lectures, and other educational resources anytime and anywhere. Furthermore, it has allowed students to communicate with their peers and professors, collaborate on projects, and submit assignments online. Without access to technology, students may struggle to keep up with their coursework and risk falling behind.
The Benefits of Online Learning
Online learning has several benefits, including flexibility, convenience, and cost-effectiveness. Online learning allows students to study at their own pace, on their schedule, and from any location with an internet connection. This flexibility makes it easier for students to balance their education with work and other responsibilities. Additionally, online learning can be more affordable than traditional in-person education, with lower tuition fees and the elimination of transportation costs.
Online Colleges That Offer Laptops and Other Tech Perks
Several online colleges offer free laptops and other tech perks to their students. These perks can help students overcome financial barriers and ensure they have the tools they need to succeed. Here are some of the best online colleges that offer laptops and other tech perks:
Saint Leo University
Average Net Price: $17,321 | Median Earnings: $47,428
Saint Leo University is committed to ensuring all students have access to the technology they need to excel academically. To achieve this, the Department of Information Technology provides a Laptop Rental Program for eligible students at the main campus. This program is available for transfer students, part-time students, and commuters, ensuring that a wide range of learners can benefit from this initiative.
To be eligible for the DoIT Laptop Rental Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program at Saint Leo University’s main campus.
- Registered for at least a part-time course load.
The Laptop Rental Program operates on a first-come, first-served basis, and interested students must submit their applications promptly. To secure a rental laptop, a deposit of $250 is required. This deposit shows the student’s commitment to the program and helps ensure the availability of laptops for future students.
Saint Leo University’s Laptop Rental Program provides essential technological resources to students, allowing them to succeed in their educational pursuits.
Seton Hill University
Average Net Price: $23,328 | Median Earnings: $47,033
Seton Hill University provides students with an iPad, which they can use to access course materials and participate in online discussions. The university also offers a laptop program for students who need additional technology.
Full Sail University
Average Net Price: $27,454 | Median Earnings: $44,344
Full Sail University provides all its students with a MacBook Pro laptop, loaded with all the necessary software and tools for their program. Additionally, the university offers financial aid to help students cover the cost of their tuition and fees.
Average Net Price: $22,776 | Median Earnings: $42,990
Strayer University provides a laptop to every new student. The laptop comes with the necessary software and applications, and students receive technical support for their devices. Strayer University also offers financial aid to eligible students to help cover the cost of their education.
University of Minnesota Crookston
Average Net Price: $10,434 | Median Earnings: $49,197
The University of Minnesota Crookston provides students with a laptop as part of its laptop program. The laptop is fully equipped with the necessary software and applications, and students receive technical support for their devices.
How to Choose the Right Online College
When considering an online college, it is essential to research and evaluate the options available. Some factors to consider include accreditation, program offerings, cost, and student support services. Additionally, it is important to consider the college’s technology offerings, including whether they provide laptops or other tech perks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can all students receive free laptops from online colleges? Not all online colleges offer free laptops to their students. However, several colleges provide laptops or other tech perks to help students overcome financial barriers.
- Do online colleges that offer free laptops have any additional requirements? Most online colleges that offer free laptops have specific eligibility requirements, such as enrolling in a specific program or maintaining a certain GPA.
- Are online colleges that offer free laptops legitimate? Yes, online colleges that offer free laptops are legitimate. However, it is essential to research and evaluate the college thoroughly before enrolling.
- Are there any downsides to receiving a free laptop from an online college? While receiving a free laptop from an online college can be beneficial, it is important to note that students may be required to return the device if they withdraw from the college or complete their program.
- What other tech perks do online colleges offer besides free laptops? Some online colleges offer other tech perks, such as software discounts, free Wi-Fi, and technical support services.
Access to technology is crucial for students, particularly in today’s world of online learning. Fortunately, several online colleges offer free laptops and other tech perks to help students overcome financial barriers and ensure they have the tools they need to succeed. By researching and evaluating the options available, students can choose the right online college that fits their needs and provides the necessary resources to achieve their educational goals.
Laptops for College Resources
- EDsmart.org – List of Online Colleges That Offer Laptops
- Impactful.news – Accredited Online Colleges That Offer Laptops
- Best-Universities.net – Online Colleges with Free Laptops and iPads
- With Causes Charitable Organization – donate free government-issued laptops to students in need
- Computers with Causes
- Laptops 4 Learning
- World Computer Exchange
- Accelerated School Program
- The On It Foundation